Thursday, August 21, 2008

Better football - but a poor result


National team coach Dale Mitchell doesn't seem to be as worried as I am about Canada not getting three points in their first World Cup qualifying match at home to Jamaica:

"And I think it's the same start as we had in 1986, when we qualified...That's what we told the players after...If we can play like that in the next five more games … I think we'll have a chance in every single game. I think the games will be close ones."

I guess it's his job to be positive. He wouldn't have much to gain now if he started publicly expressing his disappointment. But the reality is that Canada's chance to qualify took a huge hit with their loss of two points.

I can be positive about something though - Canada is playing the best style of football it's ever played. Could it be true then that "Canada plays the beautiful game".

Parents out there - keep sending your boys abroad. They learn about beauty. They bring back beauty. And that's good for Canada.

Info Source / Image Source

No comments: